Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted at The Broke and the Bookish featuring her love of all things, lists!
Since I’m also a fan of lists, especially top tens I thought I’d play along!
If you like lists you should play too!
Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012!
Oh my!!! How in the world am I going to get this list to 10!?!! As most of you probably already know, I started blogging this year so most of the books that I’ve read are from new authors! Ack!! And there are such lovely books out there. Whew… ok. I’ll take this one book at a time.
- Nicky Wells — This gal is amazing! I just can NOT get enough of Sophie’s life. I’m going to be really sad when this series ends!
- Markus Zusak — I’ve only read The Book Thief but his usage of Death being the narrator really made me a happy girl. Even though the book was based in dreadful conditions. This one was a winner and I can NOT wait to read more of his stuff!!
- Melissa Pearl — Betwixt was amazing! I love her writing style!
- Mira Grant — I devoured her books! And funnily enough, zombie books were the first books I ever reviewed on my blog! YAY!
- Gail Carriger — Yet another author that I can not wait to read more from! Her first book, Soulless, is like my book soul mate! Sadly, I have books two and three just sitting here waiting for when I’m not too busy. They are probably glaring!
- Jonathan Maberry — Wow, this guy knows how to freaking write a good story! I am fortunate enough to have a hubby who loves his stuff, and with my first read being Patient Zero, I just can not wait to get my hands on more! My TBR is filled with Jonathan Maberry!!
- Richard Long — Absolutely amazing, intense, fabulous writing! I could not get enough and was very sad when The Book of Paul ended. I want more!
- Shannon Mayer — Sundered! Zombies! Intense!!!
- Barton Mitchell — I loved Midnight City! And although I don’t normally enjoy books about aliens, this one was great. Really curious about the next!
- Trisha Leigh — Much like Barton Mitchell, Trisha surprised me with her usage of aliens and Trisha knows how to make them scary!! The plot for Whispers in Autumn is amazing!
Whew… that was hard but I did it!! Who are your top 10 new to you authors for this year?
Want to join in on the Top 10 Tuesdays?
*** If you do please leave your link below! ***
November 20: Top Ten Books/Authors I’m Thankful For
November 27: Top Ten Most Anticipated Books For 2013
December 4: Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing Me
December 11: Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012
December 18: Top Ten Books I Read In 2012
December 25: Top Ten Tuesday Freebie (so that those too busy celebrating won’t miss a topic)
January 1, 2013: Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read In 2013
January 8: Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013
January 15: Top Ten 2013 Debuts I’m Looking Forward To
January 22: Top Ten Settings I’d Like To See More Of (Or At All) — (maybe you want read more books set in space or books set in Alaska or the beach)
January 29: Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever
February 5: Top Ten Best Bookish Memories (waiting in line for a new release, meeting an author, or some sort of great experience with a particular book that was unlike others)
February 12: Top Ten Favorite Romances
February 19: Top Ten Favorite Characters In X Genre
February 26: Top Ten Authors That I’d Put On My Auto-Buy List (basically an auto-buy list is no questions asked..you love this author so much that no matter what they wrote next you’d buy regardless of genre or subject matter)
March 5: Top Ten Series I’d Like To Start But Haven’t Yet
March 12: Top Ten Books On My Spring 2013 TBR list!
March 19: Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread
March 26: Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most
April 2: Top Ten Characters I Would Crush On If I Were Also A Fictional Character (I know how y’all love your book boyfriends 😛 )
April 9: Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger
April 16: Top Ten Tuesday REWIND — pick a past topic you missed or one you want to revisit!
April 23: Top Ten Books I Thought I’d Like MORE/LESS Than I Did
April 30: Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book (thanks to Karin at My Life In Books for this topic & graciously letting us use it)
[…] New to me Authors (Top Ten Tuesday) […]
Oh I love, love, love Mira Grant you know that is a pen name for Seanan McGuire right?
HA! I didn’t! That’s awesome!
YES!!! I looked her up and she has like TEN more books out. YAY! TBR hello!
[…] Books For 2013 December 4: Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing Me December 11: Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012 December 18: Top Ten Books I Read In 2012 January 1, 2013: Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read In 2013 […]