If you decide to participate in the Fall 2012 edition you can expect:
- to spend time that weekend (as much or as little as your schedule allows) working on your blog
- to create a to do list to share on your blog and link up with other participants
- to hopefully participant in several mini challenges and learn something new
- to connect with other participants through blog hopping or twitter
- to make new blogging friends!
- to come away at the end of the three days with a spiffed up blog!
What needs to be done here? Ohh my… so, so much! And my weekend for Bloggiesta is being cut short by plans! Ack!!
My plans for this weekend:
- Take any graphics down that are not free use (if any) or bought. Which means going way, way back to the beginning and going through each post.
- I have changed formats a few times and I don’t think every post is formatted the same. Oii!!! Need to change all of that asap!
- Update my ‘Review’ page so ALL my reviews are linked.
- Blogger has a great widget that adds the posts that may relate to the post you’re reading to the bottom of the blog. WordPress however does not. I’m going to do that by hand.
- — probably a lot more!
Are you guys joining also? Let me know! What do you have planned?
It’s all about planning and organization!!
Done sorta!Create a Blog schedule: I don’t really have a blog schedule as she outlined. I do a few memes that I like to keep up with, like Sunday’s Post and Book Chat Thursday but other than that I’m a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal! If a review needs to be done on a Thursday I will do the review and Book Chat Thursday. Easy!! Done!Make a Monthly Blog List: I learned very quickly that I have to keep track of everything that needs to be done, so although I don’t have a schedule like On a Book Bender suggests, I do have a To Do List for each month! Done!! YAY!Use Templates: I love this!! I was only using a template for how I do my reviews. It took me a while to find something that really worked for me but I finally have a template that works! Although I didn’t know … WordPress.com has a feature called “copy a post.” This is going to make my life SOOO much easier!!!
- THE BLOG JOURNAL: What a great idea! I do have a cell phone but I like journals better than typing on my phone! I will have to start carrying around a little journal just for this!
Done!THE BLOG CALENDAR: I use Mozilla’s Thunderbird along with the addon Lightning (thunderbolt and lightning very, very frighting!) and this has helped immensely! I do a ton of tour stuff, approx four reviews a week, along with guest posts, author interviews, along with my own author requests. I LOVE it but I would not be able to stay ahead without these two wonderful applications. The mail and calendar connect so you can click straight to an email from your calendar. LOVELY!!
- Use Pocket: Now this sounds like a fabulous idea! Save posts to read later. There are a ton of reviews I want to comment on but when I see them, sometimes I just don’t have the time! This sounds like the perfect thing to save these posts for viewing pleasure later!
- Cross-link older posts: Whew… I just started doing this. I think it’s going to take me longer than the weekend!
- Promote popular posts in a sidebar or a footer: Another fantastic idea that I need to utilize… somewhere!!
- Create “best of” posts: Another great idea, especially with 2012 coming to an end.