And the winner is!!!
Miki! Grats Miki, I’ll send you an email soon and get Entwined out to you by Thursday!
Today’s challenge is all about The Page 99 Test! It’s super easy and fun. The page 99 test gives you another way to look at the book and decide if you really want to pick it up. Now instead of just having a cover and synopsis and page one, which are all worked on very diligently by the author and publisher, now you also have page 99 to put the book to the test!
The Page 99 Challenge!
- Choose a book that you have on your to read list.
- Read page 99
- Comment below and let us know how you feel! Did page 99 draw you in or push you away? Are you more curious or less?
Some rules and guidelines:
- To be eligible for Entwined, you must be signed up for the Bout of Books 5.0 Read-a-Thon.
- This challenge and giveaway will last for twenty-four hours, starting Aug 18th at 12:01 am to Aug 18th at 11:59 cst.
- The prize is for one 1 hardback copy of Entwined. (International)
- Winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter and I will post the winner no later than Tuesday! If that person doesn’t contact me within 2 days a new winner will be drawn!
Good luck everyone!
Entwined Page 99 Test
For an example, I thought it may be fun to have a look at Entwined’s page 99:
In a sleek, silky movement, the gentleman produced dainty teacups on saucers by cupping his hands together and unfolding them. Each teacup filled to the brim with tea; he slipped them into the water and blew, sending them drifting and bobbing to the girls like candles on tiny boats.
The girls scooped up the saucers from the water, all exclamations, and Ivy had slurped the last drop from her teacup before Azalea could stop her, smacking her lips with delight. Sighing, Azalea cautiously took a sip of tea, the flavor of butter and berries melted over her tongue, leaving nothing to swallow. Magic tea.
“I am a highborn gentleman,” he said as they pressed the teacups between their hands. “A lord. When the High King D’Eathe reigned, I was a member of his court.”
The girls inhaled a tight, hard breath, all at the same time. The gentleman smiled, tight-lipped.
“Ah, yes,” he said. “I was his friend, even. Ah, do take heart. I am not so villainous. I was only a boy.”
And then he spun a story with his smooth chocolate voice, so enthralling the girls forgot the teacups clasped in their hands and hung on every word.
Azalea imagined their small country when the gentleman had been young, with the city’s streets dirt and not paved, with the wood wild and the place new.
“I was young,” he said quietly. “And a fool.”
Ohhh! Ok. So this is a fantastical, young adult book. As you can tell by the small excerpt above. That is the page 99. And to be honest, I simply love it! It draws you in. Is this guy a villain or is he not? Is he showing the girls magic? What is he doing with them?
The prize is Entwined, hard cover. Only read once and is still in fabulous condition! International give away! And this only lasts for 24 hours so get in before the deadline!