Challenges I’m participating in:
Saturday August 18 Challenge:
From My not so real life: A song that matches a book you’ve read:
Last month I was fortunate enough to read Skinny. My review is coming next month but for now let’s just say that both the book and the song have such deep meaning. They make you feel good but after trudging through some of the pain that life has to give. Plus Blue October can not do wrong in my book. His lyrics are amazing! So, enjoy Into the Ocean and I’ll have that review posted soon!
Friday Aug 17 Challenge:
Book Goonie is asking for us to do haikus using only the books we have on hand. Mine is a little morbid but it was fun!!!
This Dark Earth Swan Song
Patient Zero Seeing Red
The Passage: Deadline
Pages of Forbidden Love has a challenge that consists of showing your most desired book by cover and most desired by synopsis!
Cover: As a huge Edgar Allen Poe fan when I saw the new book, Masque of the Red Death I just HAD to have it. It immediately went onto my Wish List without me so much as reading the synopsis or checking out other’s reviews. Nope, this baby is going to be mine strictly on the cover, well and the fact that this is one of my favorite older stories!
Synopsis: Alice in Zombieland
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.
Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.
Her father was right. The monsters are real….
To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….
I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I’d tell my sister no.
I’d never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I’d zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I’d hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I’d tell them I love them.
I wish… Yeah, I wish.
Wednesday Aug 15 Challenge:
Busy Biliophile has a zombie matchup! I got 9/13 silver medal! Not too bad. I need to freshen up on my zombie books!
The Musings of Almybnenr has a word search!
Tuesday Aug 14 Challenge:
Curiosity Killed the Bookworm: A Limerick challenge! A limerick is basically a 5 line poem, where lines 1, 2 and 5 rhyme and lines 3 and 4 rhyme, along with other rules that you may wish to break. You can read much more helpful tips on writing your limerick here. The sillier the better!
- Dystopian, paranormal, horror oh my!
- None of these will I ever deny.
- So much reading and so little time
- having a bad plot is a crime!
- DNF! You are the weakest link, good bye!
Monday Aug 13 Challenge:
1) Shaunesay and Reading in Texas want us to tell them what happens to your books after you have read them.
Well, it does depend on the book for me. I have given away or exchanged quite a few books but most of the books I have bought, I’ve kept. My family does have a book exchange thing going. The like a lot of romances but the last thing we all read was The Hunger Games. It was fun to have three girls all vying for the next book in the series. I read the fastest though so I got them FIRST! And my mother-in-law and I both read paranormal romance so we exchange those. She introduced me to Christine Feehan and I introduced her to Sherrilyn Kenyon!
3) Auggie Talk wants us to tell her our Literary BFF!!
Oh boy.. this is so easy and so hard for me. The telling of the BFF is easy. Mine is Ayla from Clan of the Cave Bear. From the first day I read about her, I was 12 or so, until today, I’m 37, I have loved her. She is an intelligent, strong heroine that will do anything for those that she loves.
Now the hard part. I’ll try not to get too much into the “too much information”. I haven’t had a very easy life so like Ayla I feel that if I had a totem it would be one that was always pushing me to do better, to achieve more, to do my best always. When I was down I felt like Ayla was there. A little voice inside my head saying you are a winner, when it felt like everyone else was saying LOSER!
I got pregnant young and again, like Ayla, had my baby girl alone. Lots of tmi here so we’ll skip all the drama and just say, I wanted to name my beautiful daughter Ayla. My mom refused and I went with Lillian which I have to say I’m also happy with. Ayla is STILL a backbone for me. I read The Clan of the Cave Bear series any time I’m down and although I haven’t had to reach out to Ayla like I did in my childhood it’s nice to know that I’ve become my own fabulous woman. (yes I’m tooting my own horn here!) Funnily enough my chinese astrology sign is a Tiger, so although it’s not a lion like Ayla’s, it’s still a big, fearsome kitty!
Cough… Ok.. like I said, easy and hard! I hope that wasn’t toooo much information! Great challenge by the way!
Wednesday Aug 08 Challenge:
Winged Reviews wants us to pair a couple but from two different books. I say Joe from Patient Zero and Lucy from This Dark Earth. They are both intense, intelligent and sexy. And both have had to deal with zombies. Their date would have to be low key. Super easy, like a picnic in a park, cheese, fruit, no wine though. They’d both want to be sharp just in case zombies came teeter tottering in. Guns on a date aren’t always a negative thing!
Tuesday Aug 07 Challenge:
- A Book Puzzle with pictures! Ohhh… for the book I’m currently reading this may be a bit difficult but this sounds like so much fun I couldn’t pass it up! So.. here goes. I’ll post the answer up later. 😉
Monday Aug 06 Challenge:
1) Understanding Shae’s Story : Where we need to write about our favorite book to vacation in!
- It may not be the most outstanding vacation but immediately I thought Discworld! I’ve read all of the books, why not meet the people?
2) Oh for the Love of Books : Best Summer Party!
- Ohh… I’m really simple. Good friends, good food, good DRINKS and oh since money is no object in this, the ocean off of say, Hawaii. A bon fire on the beach with smores at night and snorkeling during the day. That’s not too much to ask right?
3) By Falling for YA : Favorite cover Reveal for this summer!
- Ohhh! What an easy but sexy challenge! YAY! I’ll pick four. All a little edgy but fun! Two dark, one bright and one just downright sexy!
Sunday Aug 05 Challenge:
From a Book Lover’s Review:
- List characters (as many as you want) that you think are HOTTER than Summer.
- Add the book title or book cover.
- Put your rating.
- Link up your review (Amazon, blog, Goodreads, etc.).
- Explain why you picked him or her.
Ok, I must warn you gals out there. Yes, I like the hot guys but my criteria for hotter than hot may be a bit odd. First of all I like a guy that can kick some ass. And being sexy is all great and everything but someone that is intelligent takes the cake for me every time! The hotness is just an added plus! My top four all get FIVE beating hearts!
- Joe Ledger from Patient Zero — Who can be hotter than this guy? He’s has a tough guy exterior and a heart of gold. Who won’t swoon for that?!! He takes zombies down like nobody’s business and he still has time for a little extra action on the side 😉 Definitely number ONE in my book!
- Lord Maccon from Soulless — Another guy that can handle his own! Might be an issue that he’s a werewolf but I’m sure he’s intelligent enough to figure this little issue out!
- Lucifer in The Road to Hell — No, I haven’t lost my mind. In the Road to Hell he literally makes you see his side of the story. He feels like a pawn in a horrible situation. He’s lonely and sometimes afraid. Yes you men out there, women like needy men. Well not SO needy but a little bit of need is just fine!
- Death in The Book Thief — Although unattached his perspective about humanity is very touching. He wants to feel for those around him and especially for Liesel. Over her life he does come to care for her in a way only he can and someone with that depth of emotion is amazing in my book!
So there you have it! My top hotties that are even hotter than summer for 2012!
Saturday Aug 04 Challenge:
Skyway Avenue wants us to write a synopsis.
Here’s how it’ll work:
Choose any book from the books you plan on reading for the Summer Read-A-Thon, and re-write it’s synopsis.
Since I’m so interested in The Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr we’re going to take that one!
Original synopsis: You talk to someone about Lucifer and you already know what they’re thinking: he’s the Devil, Satan, Prince of Darkness, whatever. Truth is he wasn’t always bad; he didn’t start out like that. In the beginning, he was spectacular and the Father loved him. But he made a mistake: he got jealous and ungrateful and then he got defiant. He forced the Father’s hand and all his efforts to make it right only made matters worse. He started a rebellion and a civil war. He broke the Father’s heart. But we should let him tell it.
My Synopsis: In the beginning there was only one. God. And then he made me. His loneliness created something that neither of us thought could be possible; anger, rejection, pride. He claims I’ve made all of the mistakes in this relationship but I’m here to tell you that I’m not the only one. I’ve tried to get through to him but to no avail. So now you can choose, and just maybe, maybe you can see my side of all of this.
Here is my story.