August is going to be a pretty busy month.
Read a thons:
- Review Copy-Clean Up is hosted byCelene @Nyx Book Reviews and Vicky @Books, Biscuits and Tea
- Summer Wrap up hosted by Jennifer @Some Like It Paranormal and In Between!
- Bout of Books and I get to do a mini challenge for this one on Aug 18th~
Read a longs:
- Wolf Hall hosted by Fiction State of Mind and The True Book Addict
- The Hobbit hosted by The Saavy Reader
Write a thons:
- Sit down and write hosted by The Story Inside Me
- A Round of Words in 80 Days.
Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr
- Praise of Motherhood by Phil Jourdan
- Satan Loves you by Grady Hendrix
- Seven Gifts by John Mellor
- Secrets of Meditation by davidji
- Crossroads by J.J. Bonds
- The Fall by David L. Dawson
- Red Dawn by J.J. Bonds
- Last Wish of Summer by Phillip Overton
- Desert Rice by Angela Scott
- Legion of Nothing by Jim Zoetewey
- Seaweed by Elle Strauss
- Dementional by Tonya Cannariato
- Shadow on the Wall by Pavarti K. Tyler
- Antithesis by Terra Whiteman
- Wolf Hallby Hilary Mantel
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
and if I get to them:
- The Dark Faithby Jeremiah W. Montgomery
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- Demon Catchers of Milan by Kat Beyer
- Enchanted Truth by Kym Petrie
- Shakespeare on Toast by Ben Crystal
- Sophie’s Turn by Nicky Wells
- Campaign Promises by Laurel Osterkamp
- Entwined by Heather Dixon
Skinny by Donna CoonerReview coming Sep 13th
- The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
Yeah… that’s a few! But it’s better to have a nice long list and be prepared than not have any list at all! And this way I can pick and choose but quite a few of these I have scheduled for a book review so they HAVE to be read!
So, I haven’t written in ages and although I know this month is going to be really busy, heck it already is and it’s only the FIRST, I think I’m going to sit down and get to work. Seriously. I love writing, always have but I let other things get in the way. Procrastination is my middle name! But with the write a thons coming up I thought I would test my skill, or at the very least start pruning it, and sit down over the next few months and play. Worst case scenario, nothing comes out. Best case scenario, I really pick it up and run with it!~
So, that’s the plan for now. No idea what my goals are yet since I haven’t written in so long, except for blogging (yay!) but we’ll see. I’m thinking 1,000 words a week until the write a thon at the end of August and then I should pick it up to 5,000 a week. If that’s too easy then go even further. But the main goal here is to be ready for NaNoWriMo!
Anyone else busy this month? Are you guys getting ready for NaNoWriMo?!!
I truly admire people who actually have the ‘idea’ to write in the first place. I just wouldn’t have a clue even if I really wanted to – heh, am just a reader ;p Good Luck! 1,000 words don’t sound too much until you actually try to get started lol
Am looking forward to the read-a-thon this month too – seems I’ve committed to a number of blog tours this month that I’d need to catch-read-up on. Hhhmm, need to control myself from signing up for more!
Btw, congrats on your first ARC! How exciting! How did you score that 🙂
I wanted to say I could do 5k in a week but seriously? I’m not really sure how much time that would really need so, I’m trying to play it safe. We shall see!!
And I have to do the exact same! I have sooo many book reviews to do for tours! My husband just laughs at me because I keep wanting to do more but I’ve stopped signing up because technically this is my first real month and I don’t want to get overwhelmed.
Southern Book Bloggers does a book tour where they will send the book to everyone they approve in the south. I’m getting my second arc soon as well! Most arcs I’m getting are through ebook and that’s still super exciting but to have it in print. Ahhhh!! /faint. 😉
[…] Upcoming in August […]
[…] Full August schedule […]