May 28 to August 21st Ohhh! A SECOND summer reading challenge!
GOAL: Commit to completing 8 titles that you have never read before! (10 for a bonus.)
CRITERIA: Choose any title in the following categories:
- Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry — A book in an unfamiliar genre [Read outside your comfort zone!]
Although Patient Zero is a bit out of my comfort zone I feel like the dystopian vibe fits right in with what I’ve been reading this year.
- Untamed by P.C. Cast — A book that is part of a series
Ohhh yay! Finally back to reading the House of Night books!!! Did I say YAY!!!?
- 50 Shades of Grey — A book that your friend or wider society has been raving about!
Ok, so I was so far behind when I read The Hunger Games and like the entire world was cheering for it but me. Not this time.
- Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon — A book that ‘could’ [This category is open to your interpretation*]
Another fabulous author I can NOT wait to get back to. Paranormal Romance, need I say more?!
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess — A book from the NY Times’ 100 Best Novels List.
Just finished this one. Really intriguing and really different. And yet another dystopian. Go figure.
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll — A book that reminds you of your childhood.
Don’t ask about my childhood! Of course we could probably all say that but literally mine was spent in my room or under a tree reading, always.
- A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway– A banned or contested book, OR a book that lied to us*
Haven’t heard a LOT about this one but I haven’t read Ernest Hemingway in a while, so what the hell, why not?
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare — A book you judged by the cover. [For whatever reason, the cover attracted you.]
Ok, this cover total got me from the word go but I have yet to read it!!! ACK. Time for that this summer! YAY
- The Count of Monte Cristo — Bonus: A blog turned book [OR a book turned blockbuster movie]
Again, need I say more?
- Blackout by Mira Grant — Bonus: Free choice!
Dystopian but with ZOMBIES!!!! YAY! I’m a huge Mira Grant fan. That girl is awesome! I could only aspire to be so…
July 16-22 Summer RaT–
Could I ask for better dates?! This is positively fabulous. I shall try to read as many books on the above list as humanly possible (especially at my reading speed!) during this Read a Thon! And this year I get to do a challenge for it! Just wait and see! I’m soooo excited about this! You should definitely join us.
- Reading group: Take your Ernest Hemingway reading further (guardian.co.uk)
Glad you liked “A Clockwork Orange.” One of my favorite books.