- Want Now: I read the premise for Soulless only a few days ago but from the word GO I was attracted. Firstly I’m a Mary Poppins FREAK. Yes, it’s true. Honestly anything Historical Europe really does it for me, but here’s Historical with Europe AND Vampires?! With a Mary Poppins kinda of spin. OH MY GOD! I’m sure, absolutely positive that Gail Carriger had me in mind when she was writing this. I just know it and I love her for it. AND to top all of THAT off, if it can even be done, if I like this book, which I already know I will, she already has FIVE Parasol Protectorate in the series. Ohhh… be still my heart! And for those like me who have not heard of it, here is the fabulous synopsis:
- Want to read: Soulless
- Series: Parasol Protectorate
- Author: Gail Carriger
- No of Pages: 373
- Release Date: October 1st 2009
Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations. First, she has no soul. Second, she’s a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette.
Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire — and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate.
With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London’s high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?
SOULLESS is a comedy of manners set in Victorian London: full of werewolves, vampires, dirigibles, and tea-drinking. — Goodreads
- Want Soon: Alice in Zombieland!!! I mean! It’s ALICE! It’s ZOMBIES!! What more can we ask for?! And funnily enough I’m currently reading Alice in Wonderland so talk about beautifully auspicious timing.
- Want to read: Alice in Zombieland
- Series: White Rabbit Chronicles #1
- Author: Gena Showalter
- No of Pages: 304
- Expected publication: September 25th 2012
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.
Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.
Her father was right. The monsters are real….
To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….
I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I’d tell my sister no.
I’d never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I’d zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I’d hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I’d tell them I love them.
I wish… Yeah, I wish.
- Want Someday: Dark Bites! Another Sherrilyn Kenyon but I just can NOT get enough of her! All of her books just excite me. The paranormal aspects, the romance, the quality of the characters plus the ease of reading! And she doesn’t dumb down to her audience she writes remarkably well. Her new book, Dark Bites is going to be a collection of short stories plus one about Acheron. Yummy!
- No cover! YET!
- Want to read: Dark Bites
- Series: —
- Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
- No of Pages:
- Expected publication: November 5th 2012
The fans asked for it…
All in one volume, all of the short stories that Sherri has written for St. Martin’s Press. Best of all, it will feature Fear the Darkness (first time in print) and a new short story with Acheron as the lead and updates on other fave characters as well as a sneak peek of Simi’s new love…
Want more? visit Ruby’s Reads!
- Soulless, Gail Carriger (booksjadore.wordpress.com)
- Day One Hundred & Forty-Four (merrymahaffey.wordpress.com)
- Bargain Alert! Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate) by Gail Carriger is $0.99! (randomizeme.net)