There are a couple of things that I just love about May… Most of them have to do with sitting out and reading, drinking coffee, basking in the sun and feeling the spring weather on my skin. Ahhh fabulous! And who knew zombies would be involved!? Can life get any better? I think not!
The entire month of May 2012:
Zombies! Zombies! And more, yes… ZOMBIES!
When I started getting interested in reading about zombies I thought I had to be the only one. Who else would read about zombies? My husband looks at me like I’m weird and my incessant talking about the zombie apocalypse probably has him a bit worried. But here we have a read-a-thon for the entire month of May that has everything to do with my favorite subject, zombies! I have to say I’m quite excited and will be picking up a couple of books just for this!
If you’re into zombies as much as I am, you will want to head straight over to Bookish Brunette and see all the amazing things she has going on for May! I think we can all say we’re super excited and if my hubby walks in on my wielding a baseball bat because I thought he was crazed, well… he knows how much my imagination takes over when I read
May 1 to Sept 1, 2012:
This goes right into the Summer Challenge of 2012 that Semi Charmed Kind of Life has baked up for us! Quite the interesting challenge to say the least! I tried to add books to my list that have been sitting around for quite the while and still have yet to read! Thankfully I was able to squeeze quite a few into this list.
**Subject to change**
- The Lovely Bones (A book from World Book Night)
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (A book everyone was supposed to read in High School)
- Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake by Anna Quidlen (A memoir or narrative nonfiction)
- Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton (Read a book in a day, at least 150 pages)
- Dante’s Inferno (Something you’ve always wanted to read)
- Good Omens by Neil Gaimon, The Bad Place by Dean Koontz (Pair of books with antonyms in the titles)
- Lisey’s Story by Stephen King (A book that is set in a place you’ve wanted to visit)
- Salem’s Lot (A book written the year you were born and became a movie)
- Dangerous to Know by Tasha Alexander (Pick a bookshelf in a store or library, find the 3rd book from the left, 4th shelf down, at least 200 pages)
- Wicked (A book you’ve heard bad things about)
- Marked, Betrayed, Chosen by P.C. Cast (Trilogy!)
- Lisey’s Story (stacynelliott.wordpress.com)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books You’d Like To See Made Into Movies (bridgetsbooks.wordpress.com)
- Review: Die for Me by Amy Plum (bookarooju.wordpress.com)
- Review: Married With Zombies (natsbooknook.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful featured graphic by 1stwebdesigner.com
[…] YAY for May! (myseryniti.wordpress.com) Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. © NovaReylin and EJKey, My Seryniti, 2012. […]